“In the beginning I thought I was fighting to save rubber-tree, then I thought I was fighting to save Amazon Forests.
Now I realize that I’m fighting to save mankind”
(Chico Méndez, Environemental Activist, Brazil)”
In Swan Water Solutions we carry out and execute projects, providing professional services, as a complement when applying our solutions and integrating the ones provided by our technological partners.
With our R & D programmes, we develop our competence and knowledge in water usage and management in agriculture, improving sustainability in cities (capillary irrigation, tree integration in urban areas, modular landscaping elements…) and sustainable food production with multiple integrated systems.
“If you think one year ahead sow a seed. If you think ten years ahead plant a tree”. (Chinese poet, 500 B.C.)”.
From SWS we elaborate projects for sustainable landscaped areas with the goal of creating beautiful spaces, where plant species development move forward and improves as time is passing by, reaching its maturity. Those spaces can be enjoyed from their outside and within them, where trees can become true urban forests, looking for sustainability in the elements required for their maintenance e.g. organic matter, water, energy…
– Higher treating capacity on water volume, for not using an inert substrate.
– No silting of inert substrate spares substrate change and costs derived from that operation.
– Differential water flowlines don’t appear.
– Minor sludge production due to depuration processes.
– Easy cut of the helophytes in the channels.
– Minor building costs.
– Very low energy cost (mainly in pre-treatment stages, due to oxygen is placed in water through plants).
– These system can replace a conventional waste-water treatment facility, or used complementing a conventional one.
– Phytodepuration is strongly recommended for places with no resources for maintaining a traditional system, or installation would be done on an isolated area. These systems are advised for building a facility respectful with environment, or to complete effluent treatment in a conventional installation.
Management plan is different depending on the entity, providing a single plot for a single person, or a wider area for an association for a defined time range, depending on the existing demand. Others organize horticulture and environmental courses from one week duration till some months, requesting inscription fees.
From SWS we elaborate, develop and manage Ecological Urban Plots Projects, with the purpose of optimizing water and energy usage. In addition with SWS solutions and products, those plots can be placed in areas without soil e.g. terraces, paved areas.